Senior Frontend Developer - Teamleader Focus
Who are we?
Teamleader is a SaaS scale-up founded in 2012 in Ghent, Belgium. With Teamleader Focus we simplify work for small businesses by offering an all-in-one solution for CRM, project management and invoicing. Teamleader Orbit, acquired in 2019, focuses on helping medium-sized agencies thrive. By joining forces, we became the logical choice for any European business, big or small, that aims to automate and simplify work. As we’re growing fast, we’re looking for a Senior Front-End Developer for Teamleader Focus to strengthen our team.
Engineering @ Teamleader
Wonder how an average month looks like working with our Engineering team?
- Our main model of operations is to build long-lasting cross-functional feature teams consisting of a product owner, UX designer, back- and frontend engineers working as a team focused on a specific feature domain. Mid 2021, we have 4 of these teams, and we are looking to grow that towards 6 by the end of the year.
- Our main stack is PHP (with Slim) for most of our backend development, and React (using our own design library Ahoy!) on the frontend, and Concourse for CI. But that’s a huge oversimplification for a sophisticated, DDD- and Command Pattern-centric application stack with dozens of components.
- We run Continuous Deploys, sometimes +10 times per day, including during peak business hours, thanks to our clever build and deploy pipeline and a modern runtime architecture using Kubernetes.
- When we deploy, we create impact for our +12K customers with many more users. So we spend a good portion of our time doing PR reviews and facilitating our Flow of activities. On average, we deliver about 60% new work during each sprint, 30% refactors and 10% bug fixes / support. These metrics are monitored by the team, not by the management.
Pair and mob programming are very common sightings in our day-to-day development work, not only during onboarding or for tutoring new joiners.
- We have a unique take on QA using state-of-the-art automated testing tools (http://mabl.com) and QA advisors working inside and supporting the feature teams during story grooming and acceptance criteria analysis.
- Our multi-national engineering team consists of 20+ high-performing but most importantly human software engineers with a variety of backgrounds and skills. We are high on culture but also strongly committed to our customers' success.
- We are a software company aiming for lasting growth and success, building and operating a tech stack that is future-proof and providing a productive and pleasant developer experience.
As a Senior Front-end Developer,
- you are a key member of a feature team responsible for providing the front-end, user-facing aspect of a feature or initiative. You turn functional challenges and acceptance criteria into skilfully crafted and accessible UI solutions.
- You use your experience to pinpoint bugs, bad coding patterns, identify risks and come up with potential solutions.
- Once you get used to the Teamleader way of doing things, you make suggestions to improve the process and code quality.
- You participate in technical discussions, both within your team as well as with other teams to come up with solutions for common problems.
- You coach more junior developers through pair programming sessions, code reviews... or just by asking them the right questions.
- You maintain a critical eye towards potential API improvements.
We value diversity
Our ambition is to build a product that helps everyone everywhere (starting with Europe) to work smarter, so we want our team to reflect that. We believe that a diverse, inclusive working environment is crucial to realise that ambition, so we’re committed to continue to build and cherish a culture where every colleague feels welcome, appreciated and heard.
Perks of working at Teamleader
- A liberal training budget to spend as you choose
- A personal tooling budget, to make working from home as comfortable as it is in our offices
- Daily budget-friendly lunch and dinner, as well as Free Food Friday and Cava Demo Day now we’re ready to welcome you at our offices again
- Our long-lasting dedication to employee wellbeing, just take a look at our Instagram to see how we keep the Team(leader)-spirit going, even remote
- An ecological transportation budget whenever you choose to work from the office
Competitive and market-conforming compensation and benefits … but that goes without saying
This position is open for remote applicants within 2 timezones difference from our Belgium-based headquarters. We support and embrace remote working but expect applicants to have a valid EU working permit, to participate in daily team meetings via Zoom, and being able to travel to our HQ on a bi-monthly basis.
Who you are
- You have at least 4-5 years of experience as a dedicated front-end engineer, preferably working for a software company or as part of a platform or framework team.
- You attended formal education (BSc) in web/UI development, software engineering or computer sciences. Or, what you don’t have on the academic level, you make up with demonstrable experience.
- You are a craftsperson which takes pride in code quality, excellence of delivery, documentation and refactors.
- Strong bonus points: experience in SaaS design and delivery, some PHP knowledge.
- You are a team player, of course, but are also not afraid to speak your mind strongly and convincingly to get your point across.
- You have good communication skills, able to express yourself fluently and friendly in English, spoken and written.
- You aspire technical excellence but are able to balance this with pragmatic reasoning. Rest assured however that your management knows and understands that good things require time and focus.