Product Manager - Teamleader Focus (Belgium / The Netherlands)
Who we are and why you should care.
Teamleader is a SaaS scale-up founded in 2012 in Ghent, Belgium, with offices in Ghent and Amsterdam. We’re on a mission to become the #1 work management software in Europe. Our products (Teamleader Focus and Orbit) help service businesses to get the overview and insight they need to stay in control of their business. Today, 12.000 entrepreneurs and their teams use Teamleader on a daily basis to sell, bill and organize their work in one place. We see our customers continuously outperform the market in terms of growth, which fuels our passion to further help as many SMEs as possible to professionalize and grow their business.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to join us on this journey and drive one of our strategic themes.
About the job:
- We empower our product teams to solve hard problems – customer problems and business problems – in ways that our customers love, yet work for our business.
- Our product teams are cross-functional and durable, comprising a product manager, a product designer, and several engineers.
- You will continuously collaborate with your team to prioritize the right initiatives and solutions to hit the goals of your strategic theme. You will be accountable to hit these goals and for ensuring your proposed solutions are both valuable (our customers choose to buy or use) and viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business). Your counterparts will be accountable for usability and feasibility. At every step of the process though, it’s a joint effort.
- One of the key parts of your role, is to provide the necessary context to the team about the business goals, the market, the user needs, any business constraints, etc For this, you will engage in product research and data analysis as well as track industry trends and the competitive landscape.
- Aside from product discovery, you will work with your team to get your solutions validated, tested and delivered via an agile iterative process.
- You will work closely with Go-To-Market and the customer facing teams to successfully launch your solutions to our customers and the market.
- You understand that shipping product is not enough, and that the real goal lies in delivering impact. For this, you will closely measure usage and business metrics and follow-up on customer feedback. You will translate this into a clear narrative and report back on this to key stakeholders to make a case for further iterations, investments or inputs into the product strategy.
This is an individual contributor role so you will have to work through others to achieve the necessary results. This means you need to be able to influence your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic.
You would be a great fit for this role, if you …
- have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a similar position on technology-powered products (ideally SaaS).
- have demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- have excellent communication skills in English (Dutch or French are a plus) and can communicate effectively with people from different levels of the organization as well as external stakeholders.
- are able to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- are a strong team player with experience working in agile methodologies with technical and design teams.
- are able to learn from and collaborate with multiple functional areas of business – customer success, sales & marketing, finance and legal.
- are able to think strategically and communicate a sound product vision.
- can work independently and handle accountability well.
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.