Who are we?
Teamleader is a SaaS scale-up founded in 2012 in Ghent, Belgium. With Teamleader Focus we simplify work for small businesses by offering an all-in-one solution for CRM, project management and invoicing. Teamleader Orbit, acquired in 2019, focuses on helping medium-sized agencies thrive. By joining forces, we became the logical choice for any European business, big or small, that aims to automate and simplify work.
Engineering @ Teamleader
Wonder how an average month looks like working with our Engineering team?
- Our main model of operations is to build long-lasting cross-functional feature teams consisting of a product owner, UX designer, back- and frontend engineers working as a team focused on a specific feature domain. Mid 2021, we have 4 of these teams, and we are looking to grow that towards 6 by the end of the year.
- Our main stack is PHP (with Slim) for most of our backend development, and React (using our own design library Ahoy!) on the frontend, and Concourse for CI. But that’s a huge oversimplification for a sophisticated, DDD- and Command Pattern-centric application stack with dozens of components.
- We run Continuous Deploys, sometimes +10 times per day, including during peak business hours, thanks to our clever build and deploy pipeline and a modern runtime architecture using Kubernetes.
- When we deploy, we create impact for our +12K customers with many more users. So we spend a good portion of our time doing PR reviews and facilitating our Flow of activities. On average, we deliver about 60% new work during each sprint, 30% refactors and 10% bug fixes / support. These metrics are monitored by the team, not by the management.
Pair and mob programming are very common sightings in our day-to-day development work, not only during onboarding or for tutoring new joiners.
- We have a unique take on QA using state-of-the-art automated testing tools (http://mabl.com) and QA advisors working inside and supporting the feature teams during story grooming and acceptance criteria analysis.
- Our multi-national engineering team consists of 20+ high-performing but most importantly human software engineers with a variety of backgrounds and skills. We are high on culture but also strongly committed to our customers' success.
- We are a software company aiming for lasting growth and success, building and operating a tech stack that is future-proof and providing a productive and pleasant developer experience.
As a intern,
- You will be embedded in our engineering team, either as part of a feature team or working on a specific project.
- You will be coached and supervised by a senior developer, following up on your progress and growth.
- Your code will be peer-reviewed by the team as part of our standard development process.
- Based on your abilities and preferences, you will be focussing on front-, back-end, full stack or mobile development - our main stack being PHP, React, React Native and a healthy dose of SQL.
- You learn to use your experience to pinpoint bugs, identify issues and come up with potential solutions.
- You can participate in technical discussions, both within your team as well as with other teams to come up with solutions for common problems.
We value diversity
Our ambition is to build a product that helps everyone everywhere (starting with Europe) to work smarter, so we want our team to reflect that. We believe that a diverse, inclusive working environment is crucial to realise that ambition, so we’re committed to continue to build and cherish a culture where every colleague feels welcome, appreciated and heard.
Who you are
- You have a genuine passion for software development.
- You’re looking for an internship for at least 3 months and 4 days a week.
- You have good communication skills, able to express yourself fluently and friendly in English, spoken and written.
- You aspire technical excellence but are able to balance this with pragmatic reasoning.
- Bachelor and Master degrees Computer Sciences, Applied Informatics, MCT